In cooperation with the Fotoakademie-Koeln, the International Photoszene Köln is awarding a grant for training to become a photographer in 2021.
During the two and a half years of study at the academy you learn everything that is important for your profession. Further detailed information is available at www.fotoakademie-koeln.de.
The application is made by sending a folder with the following content:
- A short cover letter with the applicant’s personal photographic goals and the current time horizon.
- A curriculum vitae in tabular form. Please be sure to provide your address, email address and a callback number (preferably a mobile phone).
- A brief overview of the photographic equipment you already have (camera, lenses, flash unit, computer, monitor, printer and image processing software).
- A compilation of 25 of your own photo works in size A4, including a self-portrait.
It is possible to apply for the scholarship and for the regular application process at the same time with the same portfolio. Please clearly state in the cover letter what the application is for.
Please pay attention to:
- The portfolio should not be oversized or elaborately designed, after all, it depends on the content.
- No registered mail, please, as these often do not reach the Photo Academy.
- If the shipment is too heavy for a letter, please send it with DHL.
- Please enclose a stamped envelope, suitable for the size of the application folder, so that the documents can be returned after the application process.
Please send documents by post to the following address:
In Mediapark 8a
The application deadline for the scholarship for training as a photographer is 5. April 2021.
The jury invites the three best applications to an interview on the afternoon of April 9, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. (via zoom or on-site at the FotoakademieKoeln – depending on the Corona situation). Please keep this date free.
Work by the two previous scholarship holders Caroline Gerst and Kirsten Seubert can be seen on their respective Instagram channels at @carolinegerst and @kirstenrockt.
All information about the application is available at photoszene.de/fotoakademie-koeln-stipendium-2018/.
Questions about the scholarship can be directed to the Fotoakademie-Koeln on tel. 0221 710 56 56 and by email to [email protected]
Image: © Fotoakademie-Koeln