Are Snickers your favorite candy bars? Try making the little delicacies with peanuts, caramel and chocolate yourself instead of buying them!
One Making Snickers yourself, shift work is the order of the day. Because, as you know, Snickers consist of one Cream layer, one Caramel and peanut layer and one Chocolate shell*. We make it a little easier for ourselves by simply layering everything in a baking dish and cutting it into squares at the end. Well chilled and served on a plate, the homemade chocolate bars will convince everyone and you will never want to buy Snickers again.
Also read: No joke! This candy bar has the most calories.
Make Snickers yourself: You need these ingredients
Ingredients for about 24 pieces:
- 320 g chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 180 g peanut butter
- 55 g Butter
- 200 g of sugar
- 125 g of condensed milk
- 200 g Marshmallow-Creme
- 1 TL Vanilleextrakt
- 225 g salted peanuts
- 300 g Caramel candies
You also need one Baking dish (Remember: the larger the shape, the flatter the bars will be) or rectangular baking pan. And you should make space in the freezer beforehand, because you will have to put the mold in it several times.
Delicious as well: Delicious mess: how to make deep-fried candy bars.
Make Snickers yourself: clever recipe
- Line a baking dish or casserole dish (23 x 33 cm) with parchment paper.
- For the bottom chocolate layer: Melt half of the chocolate and 60 g peanut butter over a hot water bath. Stir until you have a smooth mass, then spread it on the bottom of the pan. Put the mold in the freezer.
- For the cream layer: Put the butter, sugar and half of the condensed milk in a small saucepan. Heat everything over medium heat. Stir occasionally while the butter melts and the mixture combines. Continue heating the mixture. When it starts to boil, set a timer for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, take the pan off the heat and stir in 60 g of peanut butter, the marshmallow cream and the vanilla extract. Stir the mass until smooth. Take the mold out of the freezer and pour the cream mixture onto the chilled chocolate. Spread the layer evenly. Put the mold back in the freezer.
- For the caramel layer: Melt the caramels and remaining condensed milk in the microwave for one minute, further in 30-second increments if necessary, until they are completely melted and the mixture is combined.
- For the peanut layer: Take the mold out of the freezer. Spread the salted peanuts evenly over the top. With clean hands, carefully press the peanuts into the cream layer. Pour the caramel mixture over the peanuts. Put the mold back in the freezer.
- For the top chocolate layer: Melt the other half of the chocolate and 60 g peanut butter over a hot water bath. Stir until the mixture is smooth, then spread it evenly over the caramel layer.
- Put the mold in the freezer again for about 10 minutes. Then cut everything into squares while the bars are still cold. That makes cutting easy and nice and even.
Video: Also delicious – raspberry dessert
Store the homemade snickers Cold until serving, so in the refrigerator to keep them in shape. Also try variations of the chocolate bar and use, for example Cashew nuts or hazelnuts instead of peanuts – also a good alternative for peanut allergy sufferers. (mad) * Merkur.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.
Also try: Make KitKat pralines easily yourself.